We are a locally owned and operated venture based in the foothills of Kilimanjaro (Moshi town) specialising in treks, wildlife safaris and cultural visits.
Tanzanian is known for it’s amazing wildlife, gorgeous landscapes and happy people. Our vision is to see that conserved so that everyone, locals and tourists alike, can enjoy this beautiful country for the future. We love to create tailor made experiences so that you will leave with the passion we have for Tanzania. Karibu – welcome!
Our Core Values:
- Be Adventurous
- Live with Integrity
- Inspire Local Connections
- Act Responsibly
- Create Happiness
Materuni is a small village found in the foothills of Kili, where our company founder Ambrose is from. Materuni is ‘home’ to us, and we would like to invite you to experience our home and local areas. We only focus on areas we have explored ourselves, so that we can share our expertise with you to create the perfect adventure.
Our ethos is to do everything as ‘good’ as we possibly can. This not only means creating the best experiences for you, but ensuring that we are operating in the most responsible and ethical way we can through:
- Establishing and supporting an environmental education program in our local villages to inspire young future conservationists.
- Hiring local staff and ensuring their fair treatment
- Recommending locally owned and responsible accommodations
- Being mindful of our footprint when visiting local communities
- Ensuring tourism income is invested locally back in to the country